From its very beginning, The Smith Center was envisioned as a world-class performing arts center that would develop and present the best and brightest in a broad range of first-rate programming and unite the residents of our community.
This cultural complex enables Southern Nevada to take its place on an international stage, celebrating artistic excellence, education and culture from around the world.
By the Numbers
- $150 million: Donald W. Reynolds Foundation donation
- 32: Months to build The Smith Center
- 1.5 million: Man-hours it will take to build
- 2,600+: Construction workers building The Smith Center
- 4,000: Tons of structural steel
- 2,458: Tons of Indiana limestone
- 29,500 lbs: Weight of bells in the Carillon tower
- 170 feet: Height of Carillon tower
- 47: Bells in the Carillon tower
- 23: Boxes on the box tier in Reynolds Hall
- 25+: Architects, engineers, designers and consultants
- 373: Windows in the large hall building
- 2012: The Smith Center opening