The gift of giving and the gift of community become one March 10th, when The Smith Center, always presenting the big show, joins with other nonprofits in Nevada’s Big Give.
What is Nevada’s Big Give? Stacey Wedding, one of the founders of Nevada’s Big Give and Board Member of NevadaGIVES, a nonprofit that organizes this annual statewide campaign, explains it best: “It is 24 hours of Nevadans uniting to demonstrate their support of local nonprofits that enrich the quality of life for us all; it provides a simple way to support your favorite causes while also finding new ones; and it creates a culture of philanthropy in our great state, ensuring that charitable donations stay local.”
For The Smith Center, ticket sales only cover about 75% of the cost to produce each season. The remaining 25% comes from the philanthropic support of the southern Nevada community. Nevada’s Big Give represents such a great opportunity for us to continue to convey that message and participate with the nonprofit community as a whole and across the state.
Here’s how it works. To support The Smith Center – or to become a Member of The Smith Center (with a gift of $100 or more) – simply go to www.NVBigGive.org and go to The Smith Center page. Decide on a level of support you are comfortable with and submit your donation.
Nevada’s Big Give also offers real time “leaderboards” on the website on March 10th so contributions can be tracked. There are also prize incentives (some based on performance and others based on a random lottery style format), so giving is rewarding to all, and becomes fun and simple.
Remember, too, in appreciation of their support, Members of The Smith Center receive some unique behind-the-scenes opportunities and experiences, such as Meet-and-Greet sessions with select performers, advanced notice of upcoming shows and special discounts and priority consideration for subscription renewal and seat-change requests. (Click here to see the full list of these benefits.)
Wedding gets the last word: “The Smith Center’s participation in the Big Give is a true illustration of leading by example,” says Wedding. “Its participation in the Big Give adds further credibility to this online giving extravaganza, encouraging donors and charities of all sizes to unite for the greater purpose of philanthropy throughout our generous state.”
Giving and community – join the big show on March 10th!
This final post is a little late in the evening but...💁🏽It's Vegas!! We are having the most… instagram.com/p/BZS39axgdUl/
Our Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager calling the show! Nearing the end of the show… instagram.com/p/BZSkqrVA5WH/
Hey Munson! It's Places!! Should we get out there and give them a show or what?!… instagram.com/p/BZSVKT0gLYv/
The castmates that carpool together...get to the theater at the same time!! Love these women ❤️… instagram.com/p/BZSKsjLANax/
PATRON SERVICES: 702.749.2000
Open daily 10:00a.m.-7:30p.m. except holidays
TTY USERS PLEASE CALL 800.326.6868
OR DIAL 711
BOX OFFICE HOURS:
361 Symphony Park Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89106